18 April 2010

Video: Writing Humor with Garrison Keiller

Does mood conflict with writing? At times, I've avoided plugging away at dialogue or starting a new project, because I worried whether it would come through in my work?
Should I write during times when life isn't funny? And I've found the best possible answer to that question in Garrison Keillor's response to this question. Watch and enjoy.


Whether it's bad economy, bad relationships, bad health, or a bad hair day. I'll take his advice and keep writing. I hope you do, too. I don't think it has to be just humor writing either, but a stroll through that territory is a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. "What would be the motivation to write if you're in a good mood?"

    Haha. I love it. I'll keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I really liked this one.

    ReplyDelete