23 December 2010

Advertise Your Writing on a Resume Shirt

by Morgan Barnhart

So I came across this really awesome guy named "Jeremy RedLeaf". Awesome name, right?! Yes. And what he does is even more awesome.

He has a website called Resume Shirts.You can get a shirt with your resume on it for only $19.99. (No I'm not the official spokeswoman, I'm just giving you the skinny.) Their slogan, "You never know who's standing behind you in the grocery store."

Which is SO true.

Now before you start hissing at me wondering why in the world I'm bringing this up - think about it for a second. If you're a freelance writer, you're looking for work, right?
"Duh, Morgan. Get to the point!"

Ok, writers have work history, skills, etc., right? Well, why not advertise your writing services on a shirt in a resume type fashion?

Like the slogan says, "You never know who's standing behind you in the grocery store." Or anywhere else, for that matter. I don't think the shirt has a strict format or anything. You are looking for work, and that's what the website is designed to help you achieve.

I'm thinking about utilizing the Resume Shirt for a couple of my businesses because it's pure genius! It's like advertising right on your forehead! People LOVE to read the things on people's shirts.

The Resume Shirt could also be utilized in helping to gain exposure for your writing or your book, by making up a funny resume for one of your characters or even a resume for your book. Be creative! The possibilities are endless.

And no, I am not an affiliate and I don't get paid for linking you. I just thought it was a neat idea for writers.

Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. You know, I'm really sorry to have posted this before the author was ready (it was still in "drafts") but I for one, like the idea...

    If anyone's ever done similar, I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete